Vegetables are the primary source of our necessary nutrients, vitamins, minerals and so on. Every day we need a balanced diet with all types of nutritional components included. Vegetables play a huge role in keeping our bodily process going on. So we should take in as much veggies as possible. And we all like it when nutrition comes with all the balance and taste. So that is what our focus is today. We are going to look at a vegetable soup mix recipe with a variation of baked potato soup.
About Vegetable Soup Mix Recipe
A vegetable soup is a staple in many dinner or supper environments. The corn soup, the chili soup and mixed vegetable soups are all examples of mostly used vegetable soup mix recipes. But we all know and have eaten that. If we look at many variations of the soup we will see that there are many things that can be used like cabbage, carrot, radish, eggplants and so on. And of course potatoes also has such a recipe. Potato like the chicken is a universally popular component to make a dinner item. The baked potato soup is a great addition to a vegetable soup mix recipe. It brings the universally loved taste of baked potato and infuses it to make the flavors stand out in the soup.
Ingredients | Timings | Process – Vegetable Soup Mix
- Bacon-12 slices
- Margarine-2/3 cup
- All-purpose flour – 2/3 cup
- Milk- 7 cups
- Large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed – 4 pieces
- Green onions, chopped- 4 pieces
- Shredded Cheddar cheese- 1 and a 1/4 cups
- Sour cream- 1 cup
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Preparation time is 15 minutes
- Cooking time is 25 minutes
- In total it takes about 40 minutes time
- First place the bacon in an over a large skillet. The heat should be medium. Cook the bacon in the skillet until they are brown in color. Then take them out. Afterwards drain, crumple and set the bacon aside.
- Now the margarine has to be melted and the heat would be medium. It can be either melted in a stock pot or a Dutch oven. Now whisk in the flour until it becomes smooth. Continue whisking but this time start stirring in the milk gradually. With that stir in the potatoes and the onions. Now keep stirring frequently until it all comes to a boil.
- Now let the heat come down a little and let the soup simmer for about ten minutes. Now start mixing in the bacon, sour cream, salt and pepper. Continue the cooking while also stirring frequently. Do this until the cheese melts.
Afterwards the baked potato soup is ready for serving. If you want you can add in a few cashew nuts as well, just to add to your taste. So this was our vegetable soup mix recipe and I hope it will be perfect for all soup lovers.