Diabetes is a very rotten disease. It has many complications and it drains a person of their life and well being. There are hormonal issues and risks at every turn of life. You always need to be two steps ahead of your habits and desires. Your best friends happen to be insulin and a food chart that hangs on your fridge. It is a bleak consequence. But everyone deserves a tasteful diet. Type 2 diabetes can have a lot of implications. But a type 2 diabetes meal plan can make things worthwhile. There are many recipes you can consider for this. But today the recipe we have chosen for your type 2 diabetes meal plan is the Italian roasted cauliflower.
Basics of Type 2 Diabetes Meal Plan Recipe
You know that if someone is a diabetic person the way of life is stringent and very strict. There are constraints put on the body and also that affects the mind as well. But the important point is having a very limited set of meal types. No sugar, no cholesterol, gluten free meals that don’t complicate the person’s bodily functions at all. That is what is needed from a recipe in a type 2 diabetes meal plan.
Nonetheless the amount of ingredients that we have at our disposal is enough to grant the patient a great meal. So we have chosen such a recipe which centers on these type 2 diabetes meal plans and here are the basics.
Ingredients | Timings | Process – Type 2 Diabetes Meal Plan
- Cauliflower which will be cut into florets – 1 head
- large red bell pepper – 1 cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- red onion – 1 sliced
- chopped fresh dill – 1/2 cup
- balsamic vinegar – 3 tablespoons
- white wine vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- olive oil – 2 teaspoons
- salt and pepper – according to taste
- Preparation time is 25 minutes
- Marinating time 1 hour
- Cooking time is 30 minutes
- In total it would take an hour and 55 minutes
- Firstly mix or combine the cauliflower, bell pepper, onion, dill, balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, and olive oil in a large resalable bag.
- Now shake the bag to evenly coat the mix. Keep it in the fridge and allow the mixture to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. Keep turning bag occasionally.
- Before cooking preheat the oven to 450 degrees F or 230 degrees C.
- After that open the bag and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Reseal the bag and shake again to coat. Pour the mixture into a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Start to bake in the preheated oven until the mixtures become tender for about 30 minutes, keep stirring occasionally.
After it is done you have your recipe! All the check boxes of a type 2 diabetes meal plan has been ticked in this recipe and it will benefit the diabetics and will also provide good taste as well.