Vegan recipes are very vibrant because of how many ingredients you can use, as long as it is fully vegetarian. So you really have to think about how much of what ingredient you will take in each portion of your food. But when it comes to snacks people say it’s tough to make a snack seem attractive especially to kids if it is vegan based. They will definitely rebel against a vegan snack! But you can really surprise your family with a healthy taco time vegan recipe. The recipe I focus is the lentil taco today.
Vegan Tacos – Taco Time Vegan Recipe
Tacos are tangy delights with a lot of flavors put in. And it’s heat is the iconic thing that sets it apart and does justice to the food’s Mexican origins. So these are essentially what a taco should have. Normal belief is that using meat in tacos is the reason all those flavors are transferred so well. But it is also possible with taco time vegan recipes. Using vegetarian elements the hot flavors and all the elements can be transferred to your taste buds. A taco time vegan recipe also has to look into the health factor
Ingredients | Timing | Process
Mix of Spice:
- Ground ancho chili powder- 2 teaspoons
- Ground cumin- 1 teaspoon
- Ground coriander – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried oregano – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground fennel seed – 1/4 teaspoon
- Olive oil- 2 teaspoons
- Small onion- 1 (minced)
- Garlic-2 cloves minced
- Cooked brown or green lentils – 2 and a 1/2 cups
- Tomato paste – 3 tablespoons
- Water-2 tablespoons or as needed
- Canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce- 2 pieces
- Seeded and minced adobo or hot sauce (optional)
- 6 inch vegan corn or flour tortillas- 8 pieces
- shredded lettuce -1 cup
- chopped tomatoes -1 cup
- chopped fresh cilantro – 1/4 cup
- guacamole-1 cup
- lime- 1 and cut into 8 wedges
- preparation time is 15 minutes
- Cooking time is 15 minutes
- Overall total time about 30 minutes
- In a small bowl mix and combine the ancho chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, salt, and fennel
- In a large skillet over medium-high temperature heat oil. Occasionally, cook onion and garlic, and stir until they turn lightly brown, for about 3 minutes. Now add the spice mixture and cook. Keep stirring and until they are toast, for about 30 seconds.
- Now reduce the heat to medium and add the lentils, tomato paste, a few sprinklings of water, and chipotle peppers. Then cook & mash lightly with a fork and add water if necessary, until lentils are heated through and hold together, about 5 minutes. Now do the seasoning with additional salt if needed and adobo or hot sauce.
- Now toast the tortillas lightly in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Then spread about 1/3 cup filling down center of each tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and cilantro. Finally, Serve with guacamole and lime wedges.
So now you can make your vegan diet even more delicious with taco time vegan recipe of your choice.