Well for a delicious dinner we all want a delicious dish. Ground sausage is just the perfect element to end the day with. We all want have some proteins at the end of a long and tiring day. Ground sausage dinners are easy to make home dishes. There are various traditional and modern recipes to make ground sausage. Sausage is a traditional item for eating. Although there are no restrictions to processed meat, but a handful amount can be found in sausages, fried bacon and meat burgers. Generally speaking, these amounts are much higher than those normally found in regular diets. Sausages also contain high levels of saturated fat and salt, both of which may lead to the development of heart disease. But it’s not all bad though.
Pros of Red Meat (Ground Sausage Dinner)
Red meat does have nutritional qualities: it is a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals such as zinc and iron. Sausages are made in of national and local varieties, which differ by their flavoring or the meats used in them and the way they are prepared. Not much time is required to make these dishes. One of the easiest dishes is the Stovetop Sausage Mac and Cheese. We all love to eat mac and cheese, also it’s very easy to make. After coming home from hard work filled day we can easily make Stovetop Sausage Mac and Cheese in just a few minutes.
Stovetop Sausage Mac and Cheese with Ground Sausage Dinner
Course: Main Course
Servings: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Mac & Cheese w. Ground Sausage Dinner Ingredients:
- 1 pound Mild Ground Sausage
- 1/2 onions, chopped
- 1 roasted or canned tomato
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 (8-ounce) package macaroni pasta
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Ground pepper
- Minced garlic
Mac & Cheese w. Ground Sausage Dinner Instructions:
- Place the sausage and onion in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook, break the sausage in small distributions, until sausage is light brown.
- Add diced tomatoes and water in equal portions, and macaroni.
- Cook, stirring frequently for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Add the ground pepper and minced garlic
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; remember that the cheddar cheese will have some saltiness.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and stir until melted and mixed in.
- Remove from heat.
- Use 1/4 C of Heavy cream as substitute for half and half . Add an additional 1/4 water and some powdered milk to make up the 1/2 cup water
- Reduced sausage/onion mixture to 3/4 lbs. of sausage.
- Added 4 Oz of Cream Cheese
- Added another cup (113 g) of Monterey Jack Cheese
- Do not add salt if don’t want it to be much salty. If it seems less salty just add more cheddar cheese
- You may use tomato sauce instead of the roasted tomato
Calories: 566 kcal
Saturated Fat: 23g,
You can serve it straight from the pot for dinner, or you can bake it in a pan. This makes it great for weeknight dinners, but also for Sunday dinner with all the family, or to give as a casserole when you’re dropping dinner for a friend. You can even stir cooked veggies like broccoli or Brussels sprouts into it for a complete meal!
Notes about the Stove Top Sausage MAC & Cheese Recipe with Ground Sausage Dinner:
You can use any kind of pasta you like. It’s better to use traditional macaroni pasta but you can use other pastas for more creativity
Use your preferred sausage mix. You may use Italian sausage, but if you like it spicy, go with the hot and spice mixed sausages.
You may use any type of cheese you want cheese. You can also use Monterey Jack and Gouda in combination. The combination of cheeses is amazing. The best of these are: Cheddar, Feta, Mozzarella and Swiss. Use whichever you like or have, no special trips to the store are needed.
The food that you make will both fill your stomach and refresh your mind. Just enjoy cooking your own special ground sausage dinner. There are lots of different ways to use ground sausage. Just enjoy life and cook to your delight!