Chicken breast is a type of meat that can be fitted into any type of food literally. People have even suggested that they can make desert out of the chicken breasts! But let’s not get carried away with ourselves. Chicken meat is most probably the most fatless meat in the meat galaxy, if you know what I mean. The Chicken breast can be molded and done in so many ways that you cannot begin to imagine. So if you want a perfect blend of health and taste then we have a very special dish for you. And it is called Pimiento Cheese Chicken.
As I stated before the chicken breast can be made into various forms with many variations. Pounding, stuffing, marinating etc. are some of the main ways of preparing chicken breasts. And these can be put into any sort of recipe. Today we will be looking at a recipe which uses stuffing form of preparation.
As you have seen in the headline, we will be using pimiento cheese in this recipe. Pimiento cheese is mainly used as a spread in southern classic recipes. It is mainly used in sandwiches. But in this case the pimiento cheese will be stuffed inside grilled chicken breasts. It can be done using a skillet. So using unconventional methods one can easily cook up a weeknight chicken dinner in no time at all. So let’s see how we stack up.
- Bacon -1 slice, has to be smoked inApplewood
- cheddar cheese-3/4 cup, has to be shredded
- green onions- 2 tablespoons, they have to be minced
- pimientoscheese -1 and a 1/2 tablespoons, they have to be diced
- canola mayonnaise- 1 tablespoon
- fresh lemon juice- 2 teaspoons
- hot sauce- 1/2 teaspoon
- salt-1/2 teaspoon, has to be divided
- chicken breast halves– 4 pieceseach weighing 6 ounces, have to be skinless and boneless
- black pepper- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- First you have to preheat the oven up to 350 degrees.
- Now you have to cookthe piece of bacon in a largeskillet that is ovenproof until it becomes crisp.
- Now remove the bacon, and the drippings have to be reserved in a pan.
- It is time to crumble the bacon now.
- After crumbling combine the bacon withcheddar cheese, green onions, pimientos cheese, canola mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice and hot sauce. Add the one fourth teaspoon of salt.
- Now cut a 1-inch-wide slit into the thick end of each of the breast halves.You have to carefully cut down to the center of chicken so that it forms a deep pocket into the chicken breast.
- Now you have to divide the cheese mixture evenly among all the pockets. Make it secure with wooden picks. And then you can sprinkle the chicken with the one fourth teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Now you have to heat the pan over medium to high heat.
- The drippings you separated earlier, you can now pour the oil.
- Now add the chicken breasts to the pan;
- Sauté the breasts for about 4 minutes.
- Now it is time to turn the chicken over.
- Keep up the baking process at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- Let the overall process stand for about another 5 minutes.
- Serve with clean plates and forks. You can add gingerbread, loafs or tomato slices accordingly. In addition to that you can tinker with the salt and pepper to your liking.
- As this is a baked recipe keep the temperature between 350-375 degrees to cook the breasts thoroughly.
- You might want to marinate the chicken breasts to soak up the flavors properly before the day of the cook
- To lock in the moisture of the meat you can soak the meat in the brine. This also helps to make the meat much tender.
- The cutting and sizing is a very big factor when cooking a chicken breast recipe. Because if not sized properly the meat may be undercooked or overcooked. The breasts have to be cut in halves and pounded until they are even in thickness.
Prep time: 17 minutes
Cook time : 00:17 hours ( 12 minutes bake + 5 minute stand)
Total time : 00:34 hours
- Calories – 299 grams
- Fat -16 grams
- Saturated fats – 5.8 grams
- Monounsaturated fats – 6.1 grams
- Polyunsaturated fats – 2.3 grams
- Protein – 36.8 grams
- Carbohydrate – 1.3 grams
- Cholesterol – 100 milligrams
- Iron – 1.2 milligrams
- Sodium – 606 milligrams
- Calcium – 171 milligrams
This dish can serve 4 people per yield.
There are more variations that you can make with this type of technique and make equally soothing dishes for your health and taste. For chicken breasts blue cheese is another very good alternative for stuffed dishes. If the blue cheese is warm enough it becomes very fudgy and also has a rich texture. You can do wonders combining blue cheese, chicken breasts and spinach in a dish. If you want something a bit mild then goat cheese is such an alternative for the blue cheese. Just like this one you can try it with bacon. If you are a feta cheese lover, Mediterranean chicken is a proper mix for you. It is a dish that combines salty crumbly feta cheese with olives, tomato slices and extra virgin oil for best results.
Another stuffing based dish for you can be couscous stuffed chicken breasts. It can be an easyto make side dish or a salad. As the couscous has a warm and crispy texture it can easily complement the chicken breasts. Some other recipes for chicken breasts may be fajitas, ground chicken burgers. Chicken dumplings, chicken pot pies etc. This has been an attempt to bring a potent chicken breast recipe. You can easily cook up a storm with this recipe and keep your weeknights very tasty.