We love to make our Eid lunch or dinner as perfect as possible. The two eids in our calendar mean so much for family and all the people who love and support us. And it is fitting with a feast of love Eid-ul-Adha means meat is the primary ingredient and Kala bhuna is the recipe that you would want to truly fulfill the taste buds of the whole family so here it is an Eid recipe for Kala bhuna.
- 2 kg of Beef
- 1/2 cup Mustard oil
- 3 tablespoon Plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup Onion golden fried
- 1/2 cup Onion cube
- 1/4 cup Dark Soy sauce
Whole Garam Masala:
- 4 Green Cardamon
- 2 Cinnamon stick
- 4 Cloves
- 2 pieces of Bay leaves
- 2 tablespoon of Ginger paste
- 1 tablpoone Peanut paste
- 2 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon or adjust White pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg-mace powder
- 1 teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masla powder
- 4-5 Green Chili
- At first marinate the beef with say sauce red chilies powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, plain yogurt, white pepper, peanut paste and nutmeg-mace powder. Keep the marinated beef aside for about one hour.
- After one hour heat half of oil a pan and add half of whole cardamon, cinnamon and bay leaves. Then add chopped onion and fry a for little while.
- Place the marinated beef, salt and add two cups of water. Cook on medium high heat for 30 minutes or until the meat becomes soft and tender.
- Once cooked then keep stirring until all the water dries up.
- Heat oil in a large another fry pan, add remaining oil, cinnamon-cardamon, bay leaves and fry a little bit.
- Add cooked beef and stir continuously.
- Next add roasted cumin powder and garam maasla powder.
- Then add green chilies, cubed onion and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off flame and transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with fried onion.
- Serve with steamed rice or paratha or roti.