Diabetic people have a lot of constraints. But with food it is a pain as food is one of the basic needs in life. We depend on food to make our inner machinations work and make us as healthy as possible. But if there are too many restrictions placed on our food habits then we will lose interest and we will have food problems. These restrictions are always placed on diabetic patients. Everyone deserves their fare share of tastes. So today we have brought such recipes that will cater to the diabetic people. We will specifically focus on cake recipe for diabetics because nobody deserves to be left out of flavors. The cake today we will be explaining as the cake recipe for diabetics is the pumpkin cake.
Cake Recipe for Diabetics
There is a special place for sweets in our life. In every celebration one or many types of sweets are included on the menu. Cakes are especially present in these celebrations. But just think how much diabetic people feel in these situations? If it is a cake then it is a must that there is sugar and other sweet additives in the cook. Diabetics have to stay away from these at all times. But we can ensure they can enjoy these even if these are sweet. So we should use a cake recipe for diabetics when there are diabetics in the family. In a cake recipe for diabetics you can not include sugar or any oily substances that will in anyway endanger people’s health
Ingredients | Timings Process – Cake Recipe for Diabetics
- White sugar – 2 cups
- Vegetable oil – 1 and a 1/4 cups
- Vanilla extract -1 teaspoon
- Canned pumpkin – 2 cups
- Eggs – 4 pieces
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 3 teaspoons
- Baking soda – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
- Chopped walnuts (optional) – 1 cup
- Preparation time is 30 minutes
- Cooking time is 30 minutes
- Overall it takes an hour of time for being service ready
- Firstly preheat the oven up to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C. A 12×18 inch pan now has to be greased and flour has to be put on. Now sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. After sifting set it aside.
- Mix and combine the sugar and oil in a large bowl. Then start blending in the vanilla and pumpkin, then beat in the eggs one at a time. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Then stir in the nuts in the flour mixture. Now it’s time to spread the batter into the prepared 12×18 inch pan.
- Let all of it bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes. In other words until you can insert a toothpick into the center of the cake and it comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool down.
- If you are feeling a bit of more decoration is needed then you can add some whipped cream on top.